Thursday 18 September 2014

• #ALipADay // #18 - Maybelline Velvet Beige •

A pinky brown, glossy, 90's lip which is perfect 
for both daytime and evenings out.

I'm a 90's kid but unfortunately I was never able to rock the brown lip back in the day, as I was in my early childhood when the trend was most prominent! Now, however, I'm grabbing this opportunity with both hands as I'm obsessed with browny pink, nude lips. Maybelline Velvet Beige is my answer to a nostalgic memory and I definitely feel like my mum when I wear it (alongside my 'Mom' jeans, I actually feel like I've travelled back in time...). This lipstick in particular is one of my most worn as it's so pigmented, creamy, long-lasting and moisturising. Pretty much a tick in every box in terms of lipsticks, in my book. And a cheeky little find here: it's the most perfect dupe for MAC's Creme in Your Coffee... I literally swatched the MAC lipstick, went to Boots and swatched this lipstick and I genuinely could not tell the difference. The only difference is the formula, as this one is more of a satin finish and the MAC lipstick is more matte, but you could always matte this one down by powdering it with translucent setting powder. You're welcome...

Daniela xo
Follow on Bloglovin

8 comments :

  1. Ooooh I love this! Looks like such a gorgeous nude.

    Amelia Rose | Beauty Blogger


    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a lovely brown-nude. Love it! Daniela xo

      Delete
  2. I really like color, perfect for fall ^_^

    Laila from Townhouse Palette ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! Will be getting a lot of use out of it this year :) Daniela xo

      Delete
  3. Love this colour ... another product added to the wishlist! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh glad I've added to the wish list :) Daniela xo

      Delete

UA-48181795-1