Wednesday 8 January 2014

• Urban Decay Revolution lipstick: Native // review •

So I've finally gotten Naked and ordered me some Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick in Native. It's taken a while, I know, and I have been lusting over these since they first appeared in the UK, but today's the day that I welcome them into my life.

Currently £15 from lookfantastic.com. Click here to be directed to the site.


Packaging: First off, 10 out of 10 for packaging, UD. The sleek gunmetal design is nothing to turn your nose up at. As with food (the first bite being with your eyes) I feel like with lipstick you always judge the first application on how the packaging looks. The cap is sturdy which is great - I hate flimsy caps that just drop off when your back is turned, some brands need to sort out their magnetic lids - so you get what you pay for in terms of packaging. The packaging just looks and feels really expensive, which is what you want when you're spending £15 on a lipstick.

Colour: The colour is paler than I thought it would be as the swatch on the site is a little off. In real life, it's a very pale pinky-nude with a warm undertone.

Finish: Native has a luminous finish with a creamy shine.

Longevity: Due to the lipstick being packed full of moisturising goodies such as Avocado and Jojoba oils, Cocoa and Shea butter, the staying-power is not as great as a matte lipstick. However, it does last for around 4-5 hours on me before I have to reapply. It does settle into fine lines if I don't put a balm on my lips first (usually Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream) but it doesn't goes patchy on my lips and leaves an even coverage of a stain when it has rubbed off. Basically, if you are planning on eating and drinking, be sure to pop this in your handbag for touch ups!

Opinion: I'm really happy I picked up this gorgeous buttery lipstick. After reading numerous reviews and staring at it on the lips of YouTuber's (in particular Nicole Guerriero, she wears it in this video) I realised that I was fast becoming obsessed with the shade. None of the others really stood out to me and I don't have another colour similar to it. If I'm being 100% honest with myself and my readers, I will say that you could probably find a very similar/the same shade in the drug store (Boots, Superdrug...) but if you fancy a treat and think "why not?" then I would go for it. As I said, I've never owned an Urban Decay lipstick before and I am certainly impressed with this one. I wish the shades on the website translate perfectly into the shade in real life, though - luckily, I love the shade I received anyway.
Don't you just love it when lipsticks come in little boxes?
Now that's something drugstores don't do, and I'd happily pay a lil' extra for a lil' box!


Aaaaand just to show you what the lipstick looks like after 4ish hours of wear...
The colour has faded, but I think it's done rather well!

Have you tried any of the Urban Decay Revolution Lipsticks? What do you think of the colour Native? I'd love to hear your opinions.

Daniela

18 comments :

  1. Lovely Shade!, I have a review on these lipsticks coming out on Saturday -
    Check it out I have other shades you may like!

    www.chlotalks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'll be sure to check out your post on Saturday! I love reading reviews about lipsticks! Daniela x

      Delete
  2. That colour is gorgeous! Looks so nice and pigmented, I've never tried these but for that price I'm definitely going to check them out :-)

    youngandfoolishhappiness.blogspot.co.uk | Bridie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it's stunning isnt it :) so happy to have picked it up! I think it's worth the money, I do like my drugstore lippies but it's nice to indulge every now and then, and this one does not disappoint! Love your blog by the way and have followed you on bloglovin! :) Daniela x

      Delete
  3. Oh wow, I love the look of this & the colour is so lovely! I really want to try it but I'm also trying to save at the minute. I can't justify spending that on a lipstick right now but I'll try and save a little extra so I can treat myself sometime. Great post :-)

    Caitlin
    caitacrawford.blogspot.co.uk
    - xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I love it too, so happy I purchased it :) Have been hesitant for a while (due to the price, mostly!) but I've waited patiently so thought I deserved it.
      Love your blog by the way :) Daniela x

      Delete
  4. This is the perfect spring shade! I love pink lipsticks! I am so getting it, great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I love it, I don't usually venture into pinks as I'm more of a purple or orange person, but I'm loving the shade! Daniela x

      Delete
  5. Ah the urban decay revolution lipsticks are my absolute favourite lipsticks. I love them more than my MAC lipsticks.. They're just so gorgeous on the lips with amazing packaging too xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The UD lipsticks are great quality, I'm really impressed with this one! I think I'm going to end up a convert! I'm usually a Rimmel and Revlon lover but I'm definitely going to pick some more of these beauts up. Daniela x

      Delete
  6. I lurrrrv UD Lipsticks! I did a giveaway with one recently but I don't have this shade, its gorgeous! Will definitely have a closer look when I'm next at the counter.

    www.hbbeautyblog.blogspot.com

    Hannah x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're just beautiful aren't they! I can't get over how good the quality is, yet I feel like they're so underrated!
      Love your blog by the way! Daniela x

      Delete
  7. Thank you for the comment on my MAC Fanfare lipstick post! :D This lippy you have here is right up my street! It will be added to my ever growing lipstick wish list I’m sure! Emily x

    www.britishbeautyaddict.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, you're welcome, it's such a lovely post! And a lovely lipstick!
      Glad you like this one, I think I shall have to add more to my collection when my student loan comes through, I'm so impressed with these :) Daniela x

      Delete
  8. Oh my this lipstick is lovely! I'm so tempted to buy it lol

    pearlsandsparkle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely buy it! It's so beautiful, I've been wearing it everyday since I bought it. Love it! I've also checked out your blog, it's so cute! Daniela x

      Delete
  9. Oh my, what a gorgeous colour! I have been eyeing these lipsticks for a while, ever since Gemma on Miss Makeup Magpie did a review. I really should get one or two :)

    Paula at Beauty Lover xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, it's so stunning isn't it. I've been wearing it most days since I bought it! I definitely recommend buying one :) Daniela x

      Delete

UA-48181795-1