Thursday 9 January 2014

• LUSH Dorothy bubble bar // demo and review •

Many people who buy LUSH bubble bars don't know the simplest yet most effective way to use them. I thought I'd write this short post to tell you how to get the most out of your bubble bar.
I will be using LUSH Dorothy Bubble Bar for this post, but this method can be applied to any of the LUSH bubble bars. Enjoy!

LUSH Dorothy Bubble Bar is currently £3.25 from LUSH. Click here to be directed to the site.
It looks a little something like this...
(Somewheeeere over the rainbow, and all that jazz)

Demo:
1. Grab your bubble bar and crumble it in your bath. I usually break off a small chunk of it. 




2. Turn on your shower and run your shower head over the chunks of your bubble bar.
(Your bath will start to look a little something like this...)
3. Put your shower head away and turn on your taps.
The bubbles will get bigger...
And bigger!

I hope this demo was helpful. I know that when I first purchased a LUSH bubble bar I had no idea how to use it and always wasted loads of it. This way, you can control how much you use, and as you can see, I got mountains and mountains of bubbles and only use a small amount of the bubble bar. This means you get multiple uses from it - £3.25 isn't looking too bad now, is it?
Now onto the review...

Review:
Dorothy is described as intensely floral (completely agree with this) and sensual and sweet (don't quite agree with this). The scent is not sweet in my eyes - anyone who has tried LUSH Snow Fairy or the Godmother will agree that those products are what you call "sweet". However, I happen to quite like the scent, and I do agree with LUSH's description that it brightens the mood. 
I wouldn't usually go for a floral scent but this was gifted to me by a friend after a particularly stressful week where I was told by her to "chill out and have a relaxing bath!" So I did just that. As with all LUSH products, they all smell so strong, and I really love that. With notes of Ylang Ylang and orange flower absolute, this product reminds me of flower gardens in the summer. And the rainbow is pretty cute, too.
The bubble bar is inspired by Dorothy, the character from The Wizard of Oz, and you can always count on LUSH to bring back nostalgic memories with their products. The heady scent fills up the bathroom and leaves it smelling gorgeous for hours after - and this is true of LUSH shower gels, bubble bars, bath bombs, soaps etc. It's all good stuff!
This bubble bar in particular is preservative free, natural and whats best of all, LUSH does not test on animals! This last point is so important to me and is one of the many reasons that I keep going back to LUSH.

I hope you enjoyed reading this post and it has sparked your interest in the bubble bars. They are amazing, just try one and I promise you'll be impressed. Happy bathing!

Daniela

23 comments :

  1. Such a unique twist on a very common post!
    Love it!, I've only recently discovered using the shower rather then the tap!
    I feel as if all the lush baths last year where pointless in comparison to how many bubbles I can use now!

    www.chlotalks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, aw thank you :) I know, I was getting so fed up of wasting so much product and I just happened to use the shower one day and thought, yeah this could work!
      I love your blog, by the way, and have followed!
      danielascribbles.blogspot.co.uk

      Delete
  2. So that's how it is. Since I've been taking quite awefully long baths, I get more and more frustrated when I don't get the amount of bubbles I want (which is a lot) So thank you for sharing this!

    http://themiasalazar.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, no worries, glad I could help :) I was getting fed up too, I felt like I was wasting so much product (and shillings!) and one day just stumbled across this method and it just worked!
      I love your blog and have followed you on bloglovin :) Daniela x

      Delete
  3. I've never thought of using a bubble bar my spraying the shower head first! I'll try that next time I use one! :)
    Ellie,xx
    Elephant stories and more

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, yes do, I totally recommend it. You get so many bubbles that way, makes it all worth it!
      Love your blog by the way :) Daniela x

      Delete
  4. I love bubble bars but what a fantastic idea to use the shower head to create lots and lots of bubbles, can't actually believe how many it makes from such a small bit! Thanks for sharing.

    Would love you to check out my blog.

    www.hbbeautyblog.blogspot.com

    Hannah x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, ah no worries, I thought I'd share it as I know that many people get frustrated with the bubble bars (myself included!)
      I've checked out your blog and love it! I've followed you on bloglovin, would be great if you could do the same? :) Daniela x

      Delete
  5. Thanks for this post! I am a bit of a Lush addict so I probably don't need to be encouraged to buy more things but bubble bars have always baffled me a little! Now that I understand how to use them properly I'll definitely be adding one or two (or five) into my basket next time I'm in there!!

    Thank you :)

    Rachel [at] AMomentInTime.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, you're very welcome, I'm also a LUSH addict (it's an illness, I'm sure of it) and I've loved bubble bars for some time now but always been disappointed with the amount of bubbles. Now I've found this method, I'm so impressed by them!
      Love your blog by the way :) Daniela x

      Delete
  6. Wow, that's a great way to use bubble bars! I've always just held mine under the tap until I get enough, then put it away until the next use. This way is a lot better though, you use so much less!

    I'm so glad I found your blog! If you'd like to follow each other, I'd be happy to keep in touch! Just let me know on my blog :)

    xo
    Dolce
    www.mydailysweet.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, thank you, I'm very economical when it comes to my bubble bars because I love them so much and don't want to use them all up! So glad you liked this post :)
      I love your blog! It's so classy and chic, I'd love to keep in touch! I've also followed you on bloglovin so I never miss one of your posts. Hopefully you can do the same? Daniela x

      Delete
  7. I LOVE BUBBLES and what a great idea for making it last longer! I just bung them in :)

    http://champagnelambinibudget.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, me too! Can't have a bath without bubbles in my opinion - unless you're using a LUSH bath bomb or bath melt...mmm. Some would think I work for LUSH, I don't haha, just love the products! Daniela x

      Delete
  8. I have never ever bought anything from Lush before... that's bad isn't it. I keep seeing all these beautiful Cosmetics and i feel i really should try it!
    I'm holding a MAC Giveaway and i'd love for you to check it out :)
    http://www.styleandbeautyforless.co.uk/2014/01/giveaway-time.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! Thanks for letting me know about your giveaway and congratulations on 200 followers, that's amazing! :) Your blog is great and I've followed you on bloglovin so I never miss a post!
      Ahh LUSH is definitely my weakness - I can't have a bath without a bath bomb, bubble bar or bath melt now..it's becoming a problem! Daniela x

      Delete
  9. Hi, thank you! :) I love your blog! And I have followed you on bloglovin, hopefully you can do the same? Daniela x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this review would love to try it now :))

    Tania
    http://inspiremyfancy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, ahh good I'm glad :) Yes definitely do pick it up! I highly recommend it - another great one is Candy Mountain bubble bar (if you love sweet smelling things)! Daniela x

      Delete
  11. Just wanted to let you know I've been loving your blog and I tagged you in one of my posts today for a Beauty Bloggers Tag if you're interested!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, ahh thank you so much! :) Glad you've been enjoying reading it.
      I would love to do the tag, thank you for tagging me, I'll do it over the next few days. Will let you know when it is up and I will give you a special mention. Daniela x

      Delete
  12. I love bubble bars but I've never known how to get the most out of them, I will definitely be trying this out when I have a bath later!
    Thank you so much for this great demo! :)

    www.lifeoflibby.co.uk xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, ah you're welcome, I'm glad this helped - baths are sooo much better since I've been using this method! Love your blog by the way :) Daniela x

      Delete

UA-48181795-1