Sunday 19 January 2014

• The Liebster award •

I firstly wanted to say thank you so much to those of you who are reading my blog, have subscribed to my blog, comment on my blog etc, it really means a lot to me. When I first started at the beginning of the year, I never thought that so many people would read it - I love signing into Blogger at the end of the day and reading your wonderful comments, and receiving emails to say that I have another follower on Bloglovin. So, thank you!

I've been tagged by 5 lovely ladies to do the Liebster Award tag. Now I'm not going to lie, I am a blogger newbie, so I did have to have a cheeky Google to see what it was... and I instantly loved the idea of it! The rules are as follows:

1. Mention the person who nominated you, and link their blog.
2. Answer the 11 questions they have asked you.
3. Nominate 11 other bloggers who have less than 200 followers.
4. Create a new set of 11 questions for your nominees.

Thank you to Abigail, Mia, Mel, Nisha and Belle for tagging me!


Abigail asked me:

1. Whats your favourite food?
Sushi. I absolutely love the stuff! I have to have it wasabi and ginger, though - I love anything with real strong taste.

2. Do you have a phobia?
I don't like flying or being in traffic jams. I'm not sure they're phobias, but I try to avoid them unless I really have to do them.

3. What would you change about yourself if you could?
The fact that I panic and stress. I need to chill!

4. If you could travel to anywhere in the world, where would you go?
I would really love to go to Switzerland. It looks so beautiful in photos, and I love snow. I'd also love to learn to ski. I've said 'love' lots in this answer...love love love!

5. Whats your favourite book?
The Book Thief - Marcus Zusak. It's absolutely beautiful. I've recommended it so many people and they've all agreed that it's a moving book.

6. Whats your most embarrassing moment?
I don't think I can really pin point one moment, I tend to do embarrassing things everyday! I'm not easily embarrassed though to be honest.

7. What 3 items would you take to a desert island?
A razor (why don't people on desert islands in films/LOST get hairy legs? I don't get it.) SPF and a good book.

8. What's your favourite season and why?
Winter! I love being all snug in lots of layered clothing. It's so nice to be indoors when its either snowing or raining outside, with a cup of tea and someone to cuddle up to. I also like to wear my wellies and step in puddles.

9. If you could be a famous singer or actress, what would you be?
An actress. I think that singers are very talented, but actors have to take on so many roles and learn so many lines, have to be up so early and sometimes live away from home. I admire them.

10. When was the last time you laughed and why?
About 10 minutes ago when my rabbit ran into the glass door (don't worry, she's ok!)

11. What's your favourite colour?
Pink!

Mia asked me:

1. Why do you blog?
Because it gives me a chance to unwind, express my opinion and connect with others with the same interests as me.

2. If you could be an animal, or anything besides a human, for a day, what would you be?
A bird. I'd love to be able to fly.

3. One place you'd love to visit someday and why?
Switzerland, it looks beautiful and I love snow!

4. Favourite horror movie.
I don't like horror movies, so I can't really say! At a push I'd have to say Orphan (is that a horror movie? I thought it was pretty horrifying...)

5. Favorite band/singer, ONE song from theirs and why did you choose it?
Beyonce - Smash into You. It's an oldie but a goodie. I love it because she has the most incredible voice and the song is singing about love in a subtle kind of way.

6. Favourite book or book series.
The Book Thief - Marcus Zusak, and the Harry Potter books.

7. What is your special place? (ex. corner of room, coffee shop, etc.) and why?
I'd have to say sitting around my Nonna's (grandmothers) kitchen table. I used to call it my second home, and I love the nostalgia that the kitchen brings.

8. Something you'd like to try before the next season starts?
Wearing my new wellies. And thicker winged liner!

9. If the world's ending tomorrow, what will you do today?
Cliche, I know. But get all of my family and friends together, cook up a storm and have a big family meal, one last time. Tell everyone I love them and just be together.

10. If Spongbob's the main character, then why is Patrick the star?
This is the question of life, I'm afraid. Up there with the chicken and the egg debate...

11. Superpower you want to have?
To have healing powers!

Mel asked me:

1. What are your 3 best features?
My eyelashes, my conscientiousness and my ambition.

2. When was the last time you did something you shouldn't have?
About an hour ago when I ate another French Fancy when I really didn't need to!

3. Summer or Winter?
Winter, I love it! I love layering my clothes and wearing vampy make up.

4. Who was the first band/artist you saw live or, if you haven't seen anyone, who would you like to see live?
I saw Beyonce for the first time when I was 12 and it was incredible!

5. Favourite brand for shoes?
Vans! Couldn't live without them!

6. What was the first album you ever bought?
Destiny's Child, I must have listened to that album 100 times over.

7. When (assuming you do) did you start wearing make up?
I guess this doesn't count the time when I was about 2 years old and my mother found me in her make up bag with lipstick smeared all over my face? ...I started properly when I was about 12 years old. I used to love concealer and mascara (nothing's changed!)

8. What is your TV guilty pleasure?
I can't say I watch much TV, I'd much rather watch YouTube, however I do love a good documentary. Breaking Bad is also amazing and I've been known to watch 5 episodes in one evening...don't judge me.

9. Who is your favourite actor/actress?
This is a tough one! I really like Leighton Meester (Blair Waldorf) from Gossip Girl.

10. Do you prefer drugstore or high end make up?
I am a massive sucker for drugstore, purely because I love buying lots of make up at once, and my bank account can allow it when it's all affordable make up! High end is lovely every once in a while though - I really cherish my expensive make up.

11. Dress up or dress down?
Depends on the occasion! Dress down when I'm just going about my day to day duties, dress up if it's an occasion. I do feel more comfy in dress down clothes though :)

Nisha asked me:

1. Why did you start blogging?
It seemed like fun. I've been reading blogs for a few years now and recently thought to myself that I could maybe give it a go. I'm still surprised to this day that people are reading it and subscribing, and I'm so grateful!

2. Heels or flats?
Sorry to disappoint but...I'm a real flats kind of girl!

3. What's your favourite season?
Winter, always :)

4. Which one beauty product could you not live without?
Lip balm! My lips chap like no other!

5. Are you an introvert or extrovert?
Introvert...It takes me a while to let myself go when meeting new people, however I love meeting new people and am rather chatty when I'm getting to know someone.

6. What's your favourite clothes store?
I've really been loving Fat Face recently! Their new Spring stuff is gorgeous. I also love ASOS and have recently hauled a big clothes order (click here for the post!)

7. Favourite lipstick?
Rimmel Kate Moss Lipstick in 107. It is absolutely amazing, I can't get enough of it.

8. What's your dream job?
A primary school teacher. Luckily, I'm on my way and will be qualifying in June!

9. What are you most proud of?
My First Class Honours in my Psychology Degree. It hadn't quite hit me until graduation day when I saw that my parents were so proud of me.

10. What's your favourite quote?
Enjoy the little things.

11. Your favourite cocktail?
I don't actually drink alcohol, but if I had to choose one, it would be Pina Colada. I love anything that remotely resembles a dessert!

Belle asked me:

1. What is the reason that you started blogging?
I've been reading blogs for a few years and recently decided that I'd like to express my own opinions on certain products and other little occurances in life!

2. Who is your biggest inspiration?
My Nonna (grandmother). She came from nothing and has made something for herself. She has so many stories to tell!

3. Drugstore or High-end? Your reasons.
I'd usually go drugstore because I love buying lots of things at once, and don't fee so bad when they're all affordable. I do love high-end because I like a bit of luxury in life, but drugstore just is where I shop the most.

4. Whats your favourite go to make up look?
Light covering of foundation, concealer to brighten up your undereyes, defined brows, lots of mascara and a vampy lipstick!

5. You're stranded on an island. Pick three celebrities to be there with you.
Beyonce, Will Ferrell and Zoella (is she a celebrity? I'll count her as one!)

6. What are you looking up to this year?
Finishing my teacher training and getting a job in a primary school!

7. Where is your favourite place to write your blog?
In my bed, propped up on my billions of cushions with my fairy lights and lava lamp on.

8. Favourite beauty book? Favourite non beauty book?
I haven't read any beauty books. My favourite non beauty book is definitely The Book Thief - Marcus Zusak.

9. When did you start vlogging? Do you have a YouTube channel or are you willing to start one?
I'll never say never but at this present moment in time, I'm just finding my feet with my blog and really enjoying it, so there are no immediate plans for a YouTube channel.

10. Skinny jeans or boyfriend jeans?
Skinny jeans all the way. My bum gets lost in boyfriend jeans! They don't flatter me at all unfortunately.

11. Tell us something about yourself.
I once learnt how to move my eyebrows in time to the Cadbury's advert like those 2 kids...yeah I had a lot of spare time during Sixth form.


And that's it :) Thank you to the lovely ladies for tagging me!
My nominees are:

Lauren - http://makeupbylaurenox.blogspot.co.uk/
Anna - http://beautyypie.blogspot.co.uk/
Bea - http://beasbeautyblog.com/
Lucy - http://lucylocketchats.blogspot.co.uk/
Lauren - http://thatgirlcalledlauren.blogspot.co.uk/
Sophie - http://littlegreensofie.blogspot.be/
Ana - http://analeote.blogspot.pt/
Charlotte - http://charlottehavs.blogspot.co.uk/
Esme - http://justalittletouchofme.blogspot.co.uk/
Grace - http://thegluelessscr4pbook.blogspot.co.uk/
Minnie - http://blogsbyminnie.blogspot.co.uk/

My 11 questions to you are -
1. Why did you start blogging?
2. When did you start blogging - and why did you choose that particular time to start up that blog?
3. What is your favourite make up brand?
4. Which do you make more of an effort on - hair, make up or clothes?
5. What is your favourite blog? Name and link :)
6. What do you enjoy the most about blogging?
7. Why did you choose your blog name?
8. Drugstore or high end make up? And why?
9. If you had £1000 to spend on make up, what would be on your shopping list?
10. Where would you like to go the most in the world?
11. Give one weird and wonderful thing about yourself.

I really enjoyed doing this tag - thank you again to those 5 of you that tagged me!

Daniela x

16 comments :

  1. Lovely post! I hate traffic jams too! I love The Book Thief and they've also made a film of it, but I don't think it's out here yet. I also love the Harry Potter books (and films!) and Breaking Bad. xxx
    The Jolly Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! Ah thank you :) I know, they seriously drive me crazy, I feel so uncomfortable in traffic. I can't wait until The Book Thief film! Keeping my eye out for it! Daniela x

      Delete
  2. Awesome post. Reading things like this are always fun, nice to get to know the blog writer! It's very cute, how your biggest inspiration is your grandma, one of mine is mine as well! i'm very happy i came across your blog!

    x leah symonne x

    itsleli.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, thank you :) I had a lot of fun writing - I think you find out more about yourself when you sit yourself down and think about yourself! Aw yes grandmothers are the best aren't they :) Love your blog by the way! Daniela x

      Delete
  3. Wow, this seriously was the longest Liebster Blog Award post I've ever read! Haha! But I really enjoyed reading it! I hope you'll find a lovely job in primary school as a teacher!

    Sofie x
    Little green Sofie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, haha I'm glad you enjoyed reading it although it was rather lengthy! I was tagged by 5 people so I didn't want to miss anyone out, and I wanted to write detailed answers to everyone (so I wasn't copping out haha!) Looking forward to reading your answers to my Q's :) Daniela x

      Delete
  4. Thanks for answering my questions!! I am definitely going to check out the book.. I love reading and am always looking for new reads.

    Abigail, x http://abstractambition.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, you're very welcome, thank you so much for tagging me! I definitely recommend that book, it's my all-time favourite and has been for years! Daniela x

      Delete
  5. Thank you for this Dani :) I have answered your questions on ma blog! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello lovely, you're very welcome :) Loved your answers to my Q's! Daniela x

      Delete
  6. Thank you for answering my questions :) The only ones that respond to it were you and another blogger so haha. Zoella is more than a celebrity to me so .. I love her so much :) ! Also, I just wanted to tell you that I'm training for a primary teacher as well - kids at that age are so cute!

    Stay Beautiful
    Belle xxx

    http://beautyisart27.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, you're very welcome, I loved answering the questions! Ah Zoe is amazing isn't she, not only is she beautiful but I love her personality (feel like I know her, as I'm sure do many others!)
      Wow are you? I've talked to a few bloggers who are training for primary :) that age are so lovely, I agree with you. Daniela x

      Delete
  7. Great read, I enjoyed doing mine and it looks like you did too :) so glad to hear you say your thinking of investing in a Bobbi Brown Rouge Pot. They have new packaging now and look really sophisticated. I think you'll love them! Pink Pale would suit you for sure but check out all their colours because there are others equally as nice.

    Hollie x
    holliefurniss.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, ah thank you :) I did enjoy it, I love answering questions to tags!
      I popped into John Lewis today and swatched a few of them but walked away none the wiser because they all looked amazing so I couldn't decide which one to get! I think I may have to go for Pale Pink and purchase it next weekend. Daniela x

      Delete
  8. Hey, I nominated you too for the Liebster Award. :) http://mathandbeauty.blogspot.com/2014/02/liebster-award-2014-edition.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, ah thank you! I will do this soon :) Daniela x

      Delete

UA-48181795-1