Friday 17 January 2014

• Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Foundation // review - on acne scarred skin •

Currently £10.99 from Superdrug, click here to be directed to the site.

Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Foundation in 52 Vanilla
It's no secret that I love this foundation - I've raved about it on my 2013 beauty favourites post and mentioned that I wear it everyday. I wanted to write this post to show mainly the coverage of the foundation and how it covers up my acne scars, whilst providing you lovely people with my review on the product.

Packaging
The packaging is cute, nothing amazing about it but does there need to be? I enjoy the fact that there's a pump which pumps out the right amount of foundation needed to cover your entire face (why can't other companies get this right?!) and which is useful for sanitary reasons. The signature red cap is rounded, showing the difference between the serum and the normal foundation, and is secure enough to not flimsily pop off in your handbag - this is a personal annoyance of mine, so this packaging is spot on in my eyes.

Type
The serum foundation is, as it a suggests, a serum texture. It's a liquid foundation which is sort if gel-like in consistency and is medium in thickness. For reference, it's not as thin as MAC Face and Body, but not as thick as MAC Studio Sculpt.

Coverage
The coverage is medium-buildable and as you can see in the photo below, covers and fills scars. It also disguises any redness and literally never looks cakey. It can be sheered down to a light coverage by applying half a pump and blends beautifully. It's pretty hard to cock this up and I usually apply one or two layers to get my desired coverage.

Shade range
The colour range isn't great to be honest; it's pretty restricted to fair to medium skin, which is a real shame.

Opinion
I reach for this more than I do any of my other foundations. I've not compared it to the normal Healthy Mix foundation as I didn't bother to buy that one when I bought this one, I was so impressed by this. It fills pores, covers my scars, hides my redness - to me, it's perfection in a glass bottle. In all honesty, if it weren't for the fact that I'm a cosmetics whore and buy new bits and bobs all the time, I don't think I'd ever buy another foundation again (do not fear though, I will - all in the name of reviews and blogging of course). 
I prefer this to my high-end foundations and can't fault it in any way other than the poor shade range. One thing I have found, though, is that I had to go a shade lighter than my Healthy Mix Concealer - for some reason, the shades of the concealer and foundation don't quite match up. Hey ho, that's what testers in the shops are for, I guess.
Anyway...I shall leave you with this very flattering photo of my exposed acne scarred cheek (damn you, skin) compared to a photo of the same cheek with one layer of the serum foundation. Pretty good, huh? Admittedly, I used to cake my face in thick foundation to cover up my scars (Dream Matte Mousse was my best friend) but now I kind of...embrace them? In a weird kind of way? Yeah, I had acne. Yeah, it was horrible. But there are maaaany many many worse things in the world than a few spots. And with a foundation like this, I don't mind them. Side note - along with the foundation, I also think I've grown up a bit and realised there are more important things to life...and as I've matured I've realised that actually, people don't really care as much about your face as you think they do!
I hope you liked this post and found it useful. If you haven't gathered by now, I freakin' love this stuff.

Have you tried the Healthy Mix Serum Foundation? If so, what did you think?

Daniela

36 comments :

  1. I need to try this. I've been having troubles with my forever-loving, never-going-to-leave acne spots...

    http://themiasalazar.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, yes definitely go for it :) It's so good for covering imperfections (as you can see above) I really recommend it! Daniela x

      Delete
  2. Ok, wow!! That looks like it works great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, thank you, it does! :) So impressed with it. Daniela x

      Delete
  3. I haven't tried this yet, but I've heard many good things about it. It's definitely something I would be interested in. Great review!

    Ray | Obey Ray

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, thank you :) I definitely recommend it. I haven't come across anyone that doesn't like it! Daniela x

      Delete
  4. I love your blog and your posts are so so good!
    I'm a new blogger and would love it if you could check out my blog and maybe even follow me? :)
    http://theperksofmeg.blogspot.co.uk/ x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, ah thank you! I've already subbed to your blog on bloglovin :) Daniela x

      Delete
  5. I nominated you for the Liebster Award, you can check the questions here -
    http://beautyisart27.blogspot.com/2014/01/liebster-award.html

    Stay Beautiful
    Belle xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, wow thank you so much :) I will answer the questions at some point this weekend! Daniela x

      Delete
  6. You should try the Bourjois Healthy Mix concealer, now that really is like a miracle in a little tube, I literally swear by it, it is SO good, and makes this foundation look eeeeven better. xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heyyy, ahh I know I love it! I bought it at the same time as the foundation (they were on an offer) and they work amazingly together! Daniela x

      Delete
  7. Hey, I love your blog and so I've nominated you for The Liebster Award here: http://nishapetal.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/the-liebster-award.html

    Nisha xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, ah thank you so much! :) I will be answering the questions at some point either tonight or tomorrow. Thanks again! Daniela x

      Delete
  8. great post! love the foundation!! would you like to follow eachother?
    xx
    daniella
    simplybeautifulelegant.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, ah thank you :) I love it too! I have followed you on bloglovin, I love your blog! Daniela x

      Delete
  9. I really wish I could use this foundation as it sounds amazing but the lightest shade is way too dark for me :( fantastic review xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, oh no! I wish their shade was was better, it's really limited! And thank you :) Daniela x

      Delete
  10. Great and very detailed review, looks like a fab foundation! What a great post :) x

    http://www.olivias-notebook.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, thank you so much, glad you liked it! It is a great foundation! Daniela x

      Delete
  11. A lot of people love this, and It looks fab!

    Sharlotte // Sharlotte

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, yeah it's quite a popular one! I wanted to show coverage and I thought what better way to do that then to show it on my scars! Hope it was helpful :) Daniela x

      Delete
  12. This looks fab on!
    I've used this for so long before switching to Loreal True Match, you have persuaded me to reach for this again!

    Lauren
    makeupbylaurenox.blogspot.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, ah thank you :) Yes definitely do, I highly recommend it! I've never had a bad make up-day when I've worn this, I seriously love it. Love your blog by the way! Daniela x

      Delete
  13. It does look like it has good coverage, its nice to hear it isn't cakey either I hate it when foundations make you look like you're wearing a mask
    xxx

    www.salted-roses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, I know I hate that too. This is nice and light but provides good coverage, so it ticks all the boxes really! Daniela x

      Delete
  14. looks nice, unfortunately we don't have that here :/

    xx fameliquorlove

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, oh no that's such a shame! Well if you're ever in the UK I recommend getting your hands on it :) Daniela x

      Delete
  15. I adore the Hea;thy Mix line, It's amazing, Its one of the only foundations that actually looks nice on me while not breaking my out, my skins been shocking lately and this is really amazing and hasn't made it worse.

    Alexandraindia - Lexii - http://iridescentindia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, ah I know, it's all great stuff isn't it. I love the concealer too! I think the foundation has ingredients in it that are meant to be good for your skin so that could be why it doesn't tend to break people out :) Daniela x

      Delete
  16. It looks really good! I hate acne and to cover it up would be like a miracle! it looks good on you!
    Lola xox

    http://fortheimperfectlyperfect.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, thank you :) This is so great at covering my scars and the occasional breakout! Love your blog by the way! Daniela x

      Delete
  17. I'm tempted to try this. I always go for MAC foundations but this might save me some money! It seems to have great coverage! x

    lizwills.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, ah I definitely recommend it. I always used to go to MAC until I discovered how amazing drugstore foundations are! Daniela x

      Delete
  18. I use the exact same foundation! I LOVE IT. It's the best foundation I've ever used. It covers my acne scars and other imperfections flawlessly! Glad to see someone else use it as well :) just followed ya on bloglovin!

    www.beautymentions.blogspot.com

    -Wendy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, ah I'm glad you like it too, it's amazing isn't it. Easily one of the best (if not THE best) foundation I've ever used! I've followed you on bloglovin too, love your blog! Daniela x

      Delete

UA-48181795-1