Wednesday 1 January 2014

• Quick christmas card DIY •

Just thought I'd throw this one in there, I know it's a bit cheeky as we're now in January 2014 (happy new year, by the way!) but I thought there's always room for one more Christmas DIY...especially one that's this easy.
I found a fun and interesting way to display Christmas cards when browsing the delights of Pinterest late one evening. This easy and different DIY takes literally 3 minutes, and for a DIY-newbie like me, that's pretty good going. Anyone can do it.
All you need is some thread, scissors, pegs (wooden look best, in my opinion) and of course, Christmas cards.
1. Wrap the thread around the door. You will need to open the door and go under it and round to the other side.
2. Cut the thread. The piece should be pretty long.
3. Tie a knot with your thread (a really tight one) so the thread is pulled tightly to the door - there's less chance of it slipping and the cards falling down this way.
4. Peg your Christmas cards to the thread and voila! You're done!
See, I told you it was easy, didn't I?

I made mine a little more fancy-schmancy by using these beautiful pegs I picked up from a little wooden craft shop in Rome. I love them. I think they add a little pazzaz to the look!

I hope you liked this DIY and found it useful. Maybe it gave you an idea for next year? I just wanted to do something a bit different than hanging them from thread from corner to corner of the ceiling, or even placing them on a windowsill. It turned out pretty well, I reckon. If you wanted to go craaazy, maybe add another thread (a green one?) next to the red for more of a Christmassy feel.

I want to get more into DIY in 2014, so we will see how that goes.

Daniela

4 comments :

  1. This is a lovely idea!
    Love your blog, keep up the good work! :D xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, thank you that's so sweet of you to say :) I've been reading yours too and I love it! The skin care post is really informative! I will try to post 2-3 times a week, maybe more if I can, so I hope you enjoy reading it :) Daniela x

      Delete
  2. Hey I joined your blog because it's so damn perfect :). Join Mine?
    effenneedy.blogspot.com
    Zorkyto

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, thank you so much! I've checked out your blog and love it, I've followed you on google+. I'm also on bloglovin if you want to follow me on there? :) Daniela x

      Delete

UA-48181795-1