Friday 29 May 2015

• Life Rants & Raves •


I guess you could say I'm quite an extreme type of person...

In the sense that I either really love something or really hate it. It's not often that I'll go 'meh' to something as I have very strong opinions on things that I like - and things that I don't like. Which brings me onto this new 'series' that I feel like doing. This is how it'll go; I'll basically rant about things that I'm not loving then I'll rave about things that I'm obsessed with. Simples. I'm not sure how often I'll post my rants & raves, all I know is that I'm already planning a beauty rants & raves for a few weeks time - watch this space.

Rant #1 is the price of healthy food. I picked up Deliciously Ella a few months ago and I've been post-it-noting recipes that have caught my eye, then when I've gone to order the food online, I've realised how ridiculously expensive the ingredients are. Quinoa, cacao powder, medjool dates are a few of the things I have to pick up at Holland and Barrett - and if you've ever shopped at H&B, you'll know how hard it is to walk out without spending £60+. I have been buying the ingredients as I'm really determined to eat healthier and try out some plant-based recipes, it's just annoying that you can spend the same amount of money on a small jar of almond butter as a whole pizza from the frozen section of Tesco.

Rant #2 is people trying to tell you what's fun and what isn't fun. I was recently told by a friend of mine that I should go travelling at my age instead of buying a house. I was later told by a different friend that I should go out drinking and clubbing instead of snuggling on down to some Nexflix with a tub of Ben and Jerrys. Basically; wtf?! If I enjoy going home decor shopping or catching up with Pretty Little Liars, I should damn well be able to. Just because I don't drink alcohol or have a need to visit every country at this point in my life, doesn't mean I'm not as fun as everyone else - (in my opinion, anyway). I have really strong opinions about this one - can you tell? - because I've been made to feel 'different' in the past about my past-times and hobbies. If I'm happy doing what I'm doing, then I shall just carry on.

Rant #3 is (and please don't kill me for saying this) - The Miniaturist by Jessie Burton. It's the slowest and most boring book I think I've ever read, and it kills me to say that because it was so hyped up and the reviews were so good; I had really high hopes for this. After talking to a few of my book-fanatic friends, they were equally as disappointed as I am. The book just goes nowhere. I'm about 75% in and nothing much has really happened, but I always have to finish a book, no matter how bad it is. I'm just trying to speed read it now so I can make a start on Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn.

Rave #1 is definitely the looming summer holidays! I cannot believe how quickly this school year has gone and that we're nearly in July. I've got some really exciting trips planned in summer so I'm getting myself ready for those (including one too many trips to Primark - a girl can never have enough pairs of brown sandals)! All that's left for me is five and a half weeks left of teaching then it's lazy trips to the market and dinner in the garden for a few months!

Rave #2 obviously has to be Game of Thrones. Obsessed isn't even the word. I have to mentally prepare myself for every episode and make sure I have all of my snacks around me so I don't have to get up for the whole hour. This season, along with the others, has been incredible and I'm loving Monday evenings now! There are so many twists and turns and I'm loving the fact that no-one is safe - as soon as I start to think I know what's going to happen, someone gets killed off or captured. Amazing!

Rave #3 is my hamster, Brody. I can't even tell you how cute my hamster is. I love little furries in general as I have two gorgeous bunnies, and Brody is such an affectionate little thing. He will walk up to the entrance of his cage when we walk into the room and will just wait to be picked up. He's also in the habit of eating his dinner out of the palm of my hand; too cute!

Rave #4 is Canada. I miss Canada so much; I went in December/January and absolutely loved it. The people, the food, the scenery, the fact that there are one million things to do at any time of the day; all of it. Photographed above is my boyfriend and I at Niagara Falls and it's one of my favourite photos of all time. I can't wait to get back to Canada and we'll hopefully be making another trip there next year.

What are your lifestyle rants & raves?
Daniela xo 
Follow on Bloglovin

1 comment :

UA-48181795-1