Sunday 17 May 2015

• NEW Revlon Ultra HD Lipsticks •





Revlon kill it with lip products and I always turn straight to them when I'm on a lipstick binge in Boots.


So I was surprised to find a new range when I was browsing the aisles as I hadn't heard much about the Revlon Ultra HD Lipsticks. I picked up Rose, an everyday light pink, and Hydrangea, a brighter, more corally pink. The colours look really beautiful and I swear I don't have anything like them in my collection........*angel emoji* 
It therefore pains me to say that these lipsticks just do not cut the mustard for me. They are slippy, hard to apply, accentuate the fine lines and dryness in my lips, and wear away after an hour or so. Unfortunately they aren't as pigmented as some of my other (drugstore and high end) lip products and application really does take a long time - I found myself applying three or four coats just for these photos, and even then my lipstick looks messy, uneven and, to be blunt, bloody rubbish. Now I'm a lipstick fanatic - I wear lipstick every single day, topping up whenever I need to, carrying around a make up bag full of lipsticks should I fancy a change in the day - so I have tried a great many different types, formulas and finishes of lipsticks... and I can conclude that these ones just aren't for me.
As you can see in the photos, they don't look great (side note - sorry for the crusty nose, I'm pretty ill at the moment). And as much as I don't like to be a negative Nelly, I have to be honest and say that even as I am wearing this right now as I type, they feel sticky when I rub my lips together. The lipstick also seems to bunch up around the outside of my lips so that part of my lip is darker then the rest; maybe I just need some lipliner, but for some supposedly quick and easy everyday shades, I feel like I shouldn't have to faff with lipliner when I'm in a rush. I'm just glad I didn't buy more colours as they looked so beautiful on the stand, in their sleek packaging and their pretty promo photo!

If you try these out, I'd love to hear your experiences with them.
It could just be me and my lips... or perhaps there's a reason I haven't seen many
bloggers/vloggers rave about these?
Daniela xo

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments :

Post a Comment

UA-48181795-1