Saturday 8 November 2014

• The London Haul Part 1 // Skincare, Homeware, Beauty •

I went shopping, I went shopping...
(in my head I sang that to Beyonce's 'I been drinkin, I been drinkin...' no? Just me, then.)

Ohh I just bloody love spending my money before I've even been paid, apparently! So I plodded all around London, stopped off in a few beaut shops and treated myself. So much so that I've decided to split this into two hauls. You know it's bad when you have to split hauls over two posts.

Liberty was first up, and I picked up the cult product Pixi Glow Tonic. I'd read reviews on the product, some good, and some that absolutely bashed it, but I'm a person who is intrigued easily so I decided to go for it. I'm so excited to try a liquid exfoliator as I've only ever used manual ones, and this one promises to reveal glowy looking skin. I'm planning on using it in the evening before bed so my serum goes on smoother and in deeper, having more of a chance to work overnight. I'll keep you posted on this as I can imagine I'll want to throw in my own two pennies!

I've wanted Diptyque Philosykos Eau de Parfum for absolute donkeys years (two years) but I've always thought the price tag was a little steep - at £85, I wasn't going to reach into my purse lightly. However, since recently starting my first full time job, I just thought 'sod it'. So I walked into Space NK, marched straight up to it and took it to the till as quick as possible (so I didn't have a chance to think about the price and change my mind). I certainly don't regret it. This is my favourite smell in the whole world, with no exaggeration, and I can't even look at any other perfume in the same way again. The scent is very figgy, earthy, sort of unisex/masculine and it sticks around all day. I do tend to spritz 5 or 6 sprays as I love to smell the perfume all day long, so I can imagine I'll run out of it in a few months but I don't care - I will always repurchase this product, I absolutely love it.

Since hearing amazing things from Lily Pebbles about & other stories, I made it my mission to find my way there. As H&M's sister shop, I had high expectations, and when I walked into the shop I was a little bit excited. The layout of the shop is quite minimalist and clean, everything on the shelves looks so pretty and the shop smells amazing. They sell everything from clothing, homeware, make up and more which is totally my jam as I love shops that sell an array of different products. I somehow found myself in the homeware section (seriously when will I stop buying home things?!) and was instantly drawn to the lovely hand soaps. They look so vintage and I'm a real sucker for packaging. More importantly, though, is the scent of the soaps. I picked up Moroccan Tea, Fig Fiction and Breville Bakery. They smell incredible, so strong and amazing. The scent lingers on your hands after you've washed them and my hands feel smooth (and not dry!!) after using the soap. I really love these and for £4 each, I'm pretty chuffed with the price, as you only need the teeniest amount for them to lather up. I'll have to place an order when I run out of them as it's a little crazy to make the trip to London just for hand soaps... right? Is it? I don't know. I'm considering it.

I hope you enjoyed this post!
Have you picked anything up recently?
Daniela xo
Follow on Bloglovin

3 comments :

  1. I might have to try out the Pixi Glow Tonic, see it around too much not to try it :) x
    http://insaneaboutmakeup.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the hand soaps from & other stories, the last one I had went down a treat with my housemates :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want to try some Pixi products! The hand soaps sound lovely! xxx
    www.justemma.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

UA-48181795-1