Sunday 2 November 2014

• The Budget Make Up Brush Set •


I'm a make up brush hoarder and I seem to have built up quite a collection! This is, however, an expensive habit so I decided to go on the hunt for the perfect affordable brush set...

So after a long and tiresome search for products and reviews, I turned to eBay. I watched YouTube reviews and read blogs and it seemed that eBay was the place to go for brushes. I found this white and gold set (the black and gold set look remarkably similar to the Real Techniques brush set...) and I have to say that they do look rather professional, and do not reflect what I paid for them at all. You can get them in an array of different colours and you can buy them in sets or individually.
I decided to go for both the face and eye brush set as I think they each deserve their own blog post, but what struck me the most was the genuine quality of the brushes. They are dense, not dissimilar to the Real Techniques Buffing Brush and Expert Face Brush, they're all a little different (some are tapered, some are flat, some are domed) and they all have a chunky handle so they're easy to grip and handle. The face brushes are large, as you can see, so it takes me no time at all to apply my base in the morning. I've used liquid and cream foundations with them and they work brilliantly at buffing them into the skin and they give such a lovely finish. The brushes don't allow the foundation to cake up and you can go for either a natural finish or use the brushes to apply another layer of foundation for a more flawless finish - this does, however, obviously depend on the coverage that the foundation is able to give. The brushes wash beautifully, but take a while to dry as they are so dense, and the bristles still feel so soft on the skin even after a total of 8 washes thus far. The only downside is that they do shed a little bit, but I've had them for about 2 months and they're still packed full of bristles. I'm genuinely so impressed with the brushes and have been opting for them over my more expensive brushes as they feel gorgeous, work really well and are so cheap!! So, to put you out of your misery, these eBay brushes were £5.37 including postage, which is absolutely incredible considering the quality! They arrived in just over a week so the postage time wasn't too long which I was so chuffed about. I would say, though, that you should wash them before you use them for the first time as they do smell a bit plastic-y but that's only if you're sensitive to scents like I am.

If you'd like a post on the eye brushes, let me know. I used them in my latest get ready with me post, which was an Autumnal gold and burgundy look!
Have you found any budget make up brushes?
What are your favourites?
PS. Be sure to enter my giveaway - it ends soon! :)
Daniela xo
Follow on Bloglovin

13 comments :

  1. Wow, these look absolutely amazing! Can't believe the price. Think I need to make a cheeky little order lol xx

    Kate | Kate Emma Loves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look so luxurious! And sound really good quality so I'll definitely be checking them out :)

    India / Touchscreens & Beautyqueens

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look so much more expensive than what you paid for them! You get a really good selection of brushes in the set. I am after a new set of brushes so will definitely look in to these x

    Mapped Out | Fashion, Beauty, Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  4. These brushes are gorgeous! I'd love to see a post on the eye brushes - those are the ones I'd probably end up buying, depending of your review of course ;)

    Lauren x
    http://whatlaurendidtoday.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look really professional and stylish, definitely a match for white Alex Drawers!
    Don't forget to enter my Makeup Revolution giveaway here!
    Mary-Ann xx
    Angel Flicks

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have an identical set - also from ebay, and I absolutely adore them. They're such good quality! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seems like "amazing affordable brushes" time! I've been addicted to brushes lately have to give these a try!! :) xx

    Mary Bloomy

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love these brushes, they really are amazing! Especially the flat top one, i love it for foundation!
    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG, I can't believe these were so affordable and they look amazing, thanks for the info Daniela!

    Beauty Isles | An Island Girl's Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't believe the price on these brushes! I never would have thought to look to eBay for brushes. Please do a post on the eye brushes - I'm definitely in the market for a full set. :P

    ☮ ♡ :) mellivi

    ReplyDelete
  11. These look fab and a bargain at that price!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These look great! I'm on the hunt for some new brushes so I may have to give these a try!
    Sam xx
    knockoutcouture.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. These brushes look great for the price. I think I might be tempted to buy them myself

    ReplyDelete

UA-48181795-1