Sunday 9 March 2014

• A quick, healthy, yummy salad // recipe •

I wanted to throw in a little extra post this weekend as my dinner last night was rather unexpectedly lovely. Apologies for the awful photo quality - it was taken in the evening and I'm not an owner of a really expensive, amazing camera (yet). I also didn't plan to blog about this salad, therefore didn't take a photo of the ingredients before hand, so basically, this is just a really rambly apology...

Ingredients:
• one sweet potato
• one chicken breast
• half a bag of salad
• a cup of couscous
• balsamic vinegar
• olive oil

Method:
1. Peel and slice the sweet potato into wedges. Drizzle them with a little olive oil and place them under the grill.
2. Cut the chicken into bitesize chunks. Drizzle a little olive oil on top of the chunks. Put them under the grill with the sweet potato.
3. Add half a small cup of boiling water to the couscous and keep stirring. Add a little boiling water every now and then until the couscous is cooked (soft and kind of mushy - in a good way).
4. Wash and rip your salad into bitesize pieces.
5. When the chicken, sweet potato and couscous are cooked, add them to the salad.
6. Season the salad with a little salt and drizzle some balsamic vinegar on top.

This salad is so healthy and so, so tasty. You've got your protein, veg and superfood in there. Drizzle a little balsamic vinegar on top and bam, a quick and satisfying dinner. (How many times can I say "drizzle" in one post? Drizzle drizzle drizzle...)

Let me know if you decide to make this - it's delicious and I urge you to try it!

PS. Don't worry about the little black bits on the sweet potato - I like mine crispy and these bits are my favourite.

PPS. Don't forget to enter my MAC giveaway!

Daniela


4 comments :

  1. My My :) this looks so delicious daniela, m off to the kitchen :) I love the photogrpahy! x :)

    -Chaitra | PinkPot

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, ooh it was delicious! And thank you, the photo doesn't do it justice though, it looked amazing! Daniela x

      Delete
  2. Mmm, I love sweet potato! Your salad looks very delicious! Hope you've had a lovely weekend!

    Sofie x
    Little green Sofie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, ahh me too. I always opt for sweet potato instead of normal potatoes now! Thank you, hope you're having a lovely week :) Daniela x

      Delete

UA-48181795-1