Friday 14 March 2014

• Face five challenge // tag •

I'd been eyeing up the face five challenge posts that were appearing on my bloglovin feed so I was chuffed to bits when Gillian from purplegillian tagged me to take part! The tag entails creating a make-up look with just 5 products which is harder for some than it is for others - luckily, I tend to keep my make-up look minimal for work and end up using around 5 products anyway.
If you read my recent haul post, you'll know that I picked up the Bourjois 123 Perfect Colour Correcting Cream in 31 Ivory and have to say that I really like it. It's quite liquidy compared to other foundations that I've tried (too many that I care to admit!) but the coverage is great. I haven't included a concealer in this look as I think you can build the coverage of this product for any problem areas. Anyway, I won't say too much about this as I'm planning on reviewing it when I've had more experience with it.

I didn't intend for this look to be kind of Bourjois-heavy, but the truth is that my favourite and most-used base products are from Bourjois. The Bourjois Bronzing Primer is no different and is such an easy product to use. It works perfectly as a bronzer and can also be used as a contour colour too. Cream products are always my favourite to use as I think they look more natural than powder products, so picking up this bronzer last year was a no brainer for me. I apply it to the high points of my cheeks and around my hairline and it warms up my face beautifully.

The Soap & Glory Thick and Fast Super Volume Mascara  in Superjet Black gives my lashes masses of volume and the right amount of thickness for day-to-day wear. I've only just started using it but I'm already in love with it. With a minimal make up look, I try to emphasise my lashes as they can really open up your eyes and add a little something special to your look.

If I'm not wearing any eyeshadow I tend to go big on brows and this Rimmel Professional Eye Brow Pencil in Black Brown is both the perfect colour and the perfect texture for me. I prefer eyebrow pencils as opposed to brow powder as you can sharpen pencils to get a really crisp point, making it easier to create the illusion of added individual hairs. Another bonus is the brush that's on the lid - it's a bit rough but it does the trick.

My final product is the Clarins Instant Light Natural Lip Perfector in 05 Candy Shimmer. This is the lip product that I reach for when I don't have time to um and ah about which colour to wear as it's so easy and looks great with any look, particularly natural ones. It has the perfect amount of pigment, adding a slight peachy-pink colour to your lips, whilst not having that nasty sticky effect that other glosses give. It certainly does what it says on the tube as it gives your lips a natural sheen whilst perfecting them to make them look fuller and glossier. You can read a more in-depth review of this product in this post.


Thank you again to Gillian for tagging me to do the challenge, I absolutely loved writing it! I'm not quite 'there yet' when it comes to posting photos of make-up looks actually on my face, but if I was, I'd definitely show you all what the products would look like on...maybe this could be an idea for an updated face five challenge in a few months time!

The 5 people that I'd like to tag are:
Amie from belle-amie
Selina from seli's corner
Kristina from creepers and cupcakes
Ellis from ellis tuesday
Amelia from amelia rose

The rules are:
1. use 5 products to create a make-up look
2. each different product counts as one product - eg. benefit benetint can only count as one product
3. no palettes, trios, quads or multi-shade palettes are allowed
4. tag 5 others to complete the challenge
5. have fun!

I would also like to tag all of you to complete the challenge, just leave your links down below. I'd love to see what you all come up with!

PS. Don't forget to enter my MAC Giveaway - ends on 19th March!

Daniela


18 comments :

  1. lovely post! i love the sound of the bourjois cc cream, seems really great! xxx
    mollyox.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, thanks lovely! It is really lovely, it's such an easy product to throw on! Daniela x

      Delete
  2. Thanks for tagging me :) I'm excited to do this tag!

    http://creepersandcupcakes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, you're very welcome :) I've had a read of your tag, love it! Daniela x

      Delete
  3. Such a fun tag!
    I need to buy that Bourjois cc cream

    xx
    http://www.analeote.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, it's a great tag isn't it. I love the CC cream - really recommend it! Daniela x

      Delete
  4. Love this post! Really want to try the Bourjois Bronzing Primer, might have to soon!

    Lizzie // xBeautyMagic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, aw thank you, glad you enjoyed it! The Bronzing Primer is so lovely. Get it in time for Spring! Daniela x

      Delete
  5. really want to try out the cc cream and bronzing primer from bourjois!

    Lauren| thatgirlcalledlauren.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, I really recommend these products :) and Bourjois as a brand in general! Daniela x

      Delete
  6. I purchased this Rimmel eyebrow pencil a few weeks ago and it's great, really good for the money

    www.thefashion-six.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, I agree. I'd never spend loads of money on eyebrow products! Daniela x

      Delete
  7. Lovely post! I think I'll definitely try that S&G mascara when I'm next in need of a new one!

    Salted Roses // UK Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, thanks lovely :) Definitely try it, I really recommend it! Daniela x

      Delete
  8. I have never heard of these products O_O I think I will have to check them out:)

    Laila from Townhouse Palette ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, yes definitely do the next time you're at the drugstore! Daniela x

      Delete
  9. I'd love to do the five face challenge http://abbeywilson24.blogspot.co.uk/?m=1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, do it! When you have, let me know. I'd love to read it :) Daniela x

      Delete

UA-48181795-1