Sunday 16 March 2014

• The LUSH life: part 1 // the collection •

I've been asked a few times to show my LUSH collection as I've posted a few reviews about the products (click here to read those posts!) and it's kind of obvious that I really love the brand. A few weeks ago I had a lightbulb moment where I thought of a new series I could create, which is all about LUSH. I thought that part 1 could be my collection, part 2 could be my favourites and part 3 could be my routine. So this has materialised and I've finally got round to photographing and starting off the series. I hope to answer all of your LUSH questions that have been in the comments and to showcase some of their amazing products, hopefully inspiring you to check out the brand, too.

As you may know, LUSH pride themselves on not testing on animals, using little or no preservatives, using little or no packaging and using only vegetarian ingredients. They support small organisations and businesses, are fair to their suppliers and immerse themselves in projects such as animal protection and human rights. On a more personal level I've always had amazing experiences when buying from both a LUSH store and when making an online order; I've always found that they can never do enough to help in a non-pushy kind of way. They've always given me the best possible experience and I really love chatting to them whenever I find myself in a store. I can't say a bad word about the company and I wish that other brands would take a leaf out of LUSH's book!

I realised as I was collecting my products for photographing that I should really avoid buying more LUSH products as I definitely have enough to last me for a few months, at the very least. Please note that this collection was built over time, ranging from about a year ago up until a few weeks ago. Also please note that some of the products in the photos were limited edition and have been discontinued, so you may follow the links below and not be able to buy the products... Sorry! I thought I'd put them there anyway so you can read up about the products incase they come back :)

The shower
yellow FUN - described as a vanillar-y sent. Use this as a bubble bar, shampoo & shower gel by breaking bits off creating a lather in your hands/with a sponge.
Sandy Santa Body Butter - a Christmas product. A scrub that smells slightly floral that is buttery enough to provide moisturisation for the skin. I crush the solid scrubs in empty LUSH pots as it makes them easier to use.
pink FUN - described as smelling like sweets. Absolutely amazing scent. Can be used in the same as yellow FUN.
Rose Jam Shower Gel - smells like sweet roses.
Sonic Death Monkey Shower Gel - smells like chocolate and coffee.
It's Raining Men Shower Gel - smells like honey and is the same scent as the Honey I Washed the Kids! soap.
The bath
Starting from the blue bath bomb at the top left, round in clockwise.
Shoot for the Stars Bath Bomb - smells like honey and is the same scent as the Honey I Washed the Kids! soap.
Golden Wonder Bath Bomb - notes of sweet orange and cognac. There's a special surprise in the middle of this bath bomb... (I'll be finding out what it is tonight!)
Yuzu and Cocoa Bubble Bar - notes of chocolate, coconut and caramel. Absolutely amazing scent and is super moisturising on the skin.
Lord of Misrule Bath Bomb - notes of spicy black pepper and patchouli. The most unisex of all the scents. (Unable to find a link for this one unfortunately.)
The Comforter Bubble Bar - probably the most famous bubble bar that LUSH currently do. Smells of blackberries and is very, very fruity.
The skin
Each Peach (and two's a pair) Massage Bar - made with cocoa and shea butters, with fruity peachy undertones. I use this when I get out of the shower by rubbing the bar directly onto my skin and massaging the butters in.
Vanilla Dee-lite Body Lotion - this smells divineee and is probably one of my favourite scents from LUSH. It smells exactly like sweet vanilla and is a really lightweight lotion.
The face
Ocean Salt Facial Scrub - a grainy scrub full of sea salt to exfoliate, and avocado butter to moisturise.
Let the Good Times Roll Facial Cleanser - my holy grail product of all time. A cleanser made with maise to gently exfoliate your skin whilst removing any last traces of make up. Read my full review of this product here.
Tea Tree Toner Water - a very gently toner infused with tea tree to reduce oil production and prevent blemishes.
Vanishing Cream Facial Moisturiser - a lightweight moisturiser that sinks into the skin really quickly, is perfect under make up and includes witch hazel to help clear the skin.
Full of Grace Facial Serum - a rich solid serum which can be massaged directly onto the face or warmed between your hands before being massaged onto the face. It's packed full of portobello mushrooms to help the skin to retain elasticity and lots of butters to moisturise.
Bubblegum Lip Scrub - a sweet tasting sugar scrub that both exfoliate chapped lips and leave them feeling moisturised, too.
The hair
No Drought Dry Shampoo - Dry shampoo in powder form. Sprinkle this lemon-scented product straight onto your hair and massage in, or onto your palms and then massaging in.
Over the years, I've tried and loved so many more LUSH products, but these are all I have for now. It's a rather large collection but I know that I'll be using everything up, so I don't mind so much. I dread to think how much money I've spent in LUSH over the past few years, but I know that the ingredients are great for my skin, the company doesn't test on animals and they are fair to their suppliers - this is priceless, in my eyes. Below is a photo of all of the products in all their glory. Be sure to watch out for part 2 of the LUSH series where I'll be chatting about all of my favourite LUSH products, some of which aren't shown in this post.
PS. Don't forget to enter my MAC Giveaway - ends on 19th March!

Daniela

13 comments :

  1. I've always wanted to try the Lush dry shampoo but two things are stopping me... one is the fact that I don't know how to use a dry shampoo... and two, I'm scared on how it'd smell..

    _emsalazar
    themiasalazar { life | thoughts | pictures }

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, I was always a bit sceptical too, but all you do is pour some of the powder into your palm and begin massaging it into your scalp :) works a treat! Daniela x

      Delete
  2. i love lush and i always get sucked into buying too many things when i visit the shop! i love the tea tree water as it really helps with my blemishes xx
    mollyox.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, oh me too! I have to buy something every time I walk in..it's a problem! Daniela x

      Delete
  3. i too am a lush addict, i love all there products...no shame! :p

    Lauren| thatgirlcalledlauren.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, haha me too! I have absolutely no shame in it, there are worse things in life we could be addicted to! Daniela x

      Delete
  4. So many goodies that I want to try!

    xx
    http://www.analeote.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, glad I've inspired you to try some of the products! I really recommend everything I've posted about, go get some! Daniela x

      Delete
  5. Wow, you can start a LUSH store yourself, haha. I wish I had all LUSH products, they all look and smell amazing!
    Love the fact that you're doing these posts.

    Sofie x
    Little green Sofie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, oh I know haha. I really do have a problem, but at least my bedroom smells incredible 24/7! No need for scented candles when you have a little LUSH shop in your room! & I'm glad you're enjoying these posts :) Daniela x

      Delete
  6. I'm officially jealous of your Lush collection. I only got into their products recently (my dad is the Lush addict in our house) and can't get enough of them. I wish I had a bath in my house just so I could use the bath bombs but I'm stuck with just a shower. I should really buy a bath bomb and demand to use it in one of my friends baths. I'm sure that's a normal thing to do.

    Raise The Waves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, you definitely need to do that! Just offer your friend a bath bomb in return for using their bath...it's certainly a normal thing to do. Alternatively, buy yourself a bath - this is acceptable in my eyes if it means trying a LUSH bath product! Daniela x

      Delete
  7. What an awesome collection! I've tried the ocean salt scrub & tea tree water spray before but have been wanting to try one of the lip scrubs!

    Carly >> pink beauty picks for spring

    ReplyDelete

UA-48181795-1