Sunday 8 March 2015

• Maybelline Colossal Cat Eyes Mascara •

Mascara is my thing. For some it's blush, for others it's base, but I'm all about the lashes.

And this means that I spend most of my time in Boots looking at all of the different mascaras and on blogs looking for mascara reviews. I've tried so many different ones from high end (my favourites being Benefit They're Real and Georgio Armani Eyes to Kill) and drugstore (Max Factor Masterpiece is amazing) but never have I found one that gives me the volume and length I'm looking for as the Maybelline Colossal Cat Eyes Mascara does.
The photos speak for themselves and you can see the difference in my lashes from the before and after shots. For £7.99 you're getting very similar, if not the same, results as Benefit They're Real - both mascaras are super black, my lashes still look amazing after a day of wear and they both provide the same lengthening and volumising effect. The only difference is the wand. The Maybelline wand is curved, so you can reach all of the tiny lashes in the inner corner of your eye as well as the lower lashes, whereas the Benefit mascara has a straight wand with a bobble on the end, so you can again reach the tiny lashes, just in a different way. I would say that the Maybelline mascara is better when it's dried out a bit, so I'd open it and then use it a week or two later as the formula is better. I really love this mascara (if you hadn't guessed!) and if you're perusing the aisles of Boots or Superdrug, it's worth picking up. 

I'm thinking of doing a comparison post between Benefit They're Real and Maybelline Colossal Cat Eyes Mascara to show just how similar they are. Let me know if you'd be interested in reading that! :)
Daniela xo
Follow on Bloglovin

No comments :

Post a Comment

UA-48181795-1