Friday 20 February 2015

• The Wet Brush or The Tangle Teezer? •

These two brushes are two of the most reviewed, hyped up 
brushes in the blogging/vlogging world, so I put 
them both to the comparison test.

I picked up my Tangle Teezer in my last year of uni when I was just getting into reading blogs and watching YouTube, which was around 3 years ago. It was literally everywhere - everyone had something to say about the Tangle Teezer, and everyone seemed to love it. I ordered mine from feelunique and decided to give it a go, as I was stuck in a hairbrush rut and couldn't find one that wouldn't rip my hair out and cause lots of breakage. As soon as it came, I had to check that I'd ordered the right thing, as the bristles were really hard and tugged at my hair - so it was basically no different from my £3 Boots travel brush. I persisted, and I'm ashamed to say I persisted with it for 3 years, even though I think it damaged my hair. The reason being, I felt like all brushes caused my hair damage, so I might as well have kept using my £11 'high end' brush, since so many people adored it. I found new ways to use it - I used loads of hair oils and conditioners at the tips of my hair and started using the Tangle Teezer from the ends up to my roots, and that seemed to be OK, but it still wasn't great and I decided to go on a real hunt for a proper brush. That's when Lily Pebbles came along.

Lily mentioned in a video that she loved the Wet Brush, and she has quite thick, unmanageable hair so for her to say that something worked for her, I had to try it for myself. My hair is a little wavy, it's  thin but I have a lot of it, it breaks very easily (whether that's my hair type or three years worth of brushing-damage, I'm not sure) and I seem to lose it around the hairline when I get stressed. I ordered mine from Cult Beauty and as soon as it came I was anxious to try it. I fricken love it. This brush glides through my hair whether it's wet, dry, straight, curly, knotted, sleek, anything. I use it in the shower to brush out my conditioner, I use it when I'm drying it with the hairdryer, I use it in the mornings when I'm styling it. The bristles are soft and bendy, so they don't pull at the hair, they just go with the hair, if that makes sense. I love the handle - there seemed to be a love/hate thing with the Tangle Teezer and the fact it didn't have a handle - but the Wet Brush is really easy to grip and use. 

So after years of breakage and aches and pains when brushing my hair, I've finally found 'the one' that makes my hair feel soft whilst making brushing something to look forward to. I can't believe it took me this long to purchase the Wet Brush and I've already recommended it to my friends. I'm not much of a hair person, I'm more about the make up side of things, but when it comes to hair health, I want to make sure I'm making the best decisions.

Have you tried either of these brushes?
What do you think of them?
Daniela xo 
Follow on Bloglovin

1 comment :

  1. I love The Wet Brush! Will be always be in my collection I think because it's so amazing! xx

    Ramblings of a Beauty Bird | Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete

UA-48181795-1