Monday 12 January 2015

• Pixi Glow Tonic - is it worth the hype? •

I'd read so much about this 'cult' product and completely gave in to the hype - so I had very high expectations.

I'd read that the Pixi Glow Tonic was a gentler version of the Alpha H Liquid Gold liquid exfoliator, and as I'm a bit of a wimp (with semi-sensitive skin), I decided to go for the Glow Tonic to start me off, with a view to working my way up to Alpha H. Bloggers and vloggers were claiming that the tonic would help with scarring by gently removing the top layer of the skin, much as a manual exfoliator would do, and since I have acne scarring on my cheeks and chin, this aspect really interested me. I'd read that after applying the toner with a cotton pad, younger, smoother looking skin would be revealed to make it easier to apply make up, give a healthy glow and remover any lumps and bumps that are on the skin. So - I was very excited to pick up my first bottle on a trip to Liberty's in London.

I've been using this for 7 weeks. Nothing has happened. Honestly, I'm pretty gutted.

When something is so hyped up, so talked about, there is no other way to describe the way I'm feeling than 'disappointed'. I really wanted this to work for me, but it has truly done nothing for my skin. My scars don't appear lighter, my make up doesn't go on any smoother than when I use my LUSH Tea Tree Toner Water (which is amazing, by the way) and there is no improvement in the tone, texture or appearance of my skin. I really don't get it. I gave this product 7 weeks to work, which may or may not be long enough, but I'm just confused as to why this product is so raved about. It doesn't do anything that my other toners to do, and in fact, it's a bit of a pain in the ass to use as you have to swipe it on with a cotton pad whereas I just spray my face with my other toners.

I'll keep using this product as it cost me £18 (!!!!!) and I'm not prepared to waste it, and if it starts to work (doubt it), I'll update you. I'm hoping that there will be some dramatic difference in my skin as it's such an internationally loved product that has been famous for years. Perhaps it's just me and my skin; everyone is different - but I really feel like the only one. I can't seem to find a bad review about this product so I'm not saying to completely avoid it, but I definitely won't be repurchasing, and I'm starting to think that maybe I'm just a manual exfoliator kinda gal.

Have you tried this product?
What did you think about it?
Don't forget to 
Daniela xo
Follow on Bloglovin

13 comments :

  1. Ohh it is unfortunate that it did not live up to the hype for you! ^ - ^

    www.thedailydollyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah that's too bad but I kind of want to try it to see if it does anything on my skin.

    Jackie | fashionxfairytale | bloglovin' |

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, I love my Tea Tree Toner Water by lush, not only does it do wonders for the skin, but it also smells like a spa. I have been meaning to try out this toner since it has been getting a lot of hype, but its a shame you didn't like it x

    pintsizedbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the honest review! I may still try it but it's good to hear both sides xx

    Magpie Jasmine || Palette Giveaway: Urban Decay, Nars, Charlotte Tilbury, Too Faced

    ReplyDelete
  5. How often do you use it? To begin with I only used it three or four times a week and didn't notice anything. It's only when I started using it everyday that I found it made a difference xx

    Ramblings of a Beauty Bird | Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. its a shame it didn't work out for you, i really wanted to try it out!

    Lauren| thatgirlcalledlauren.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never used this product but think that seven weeks are a lot of time to feel some differences if it works for you.
    Steam carpet cleaning Clapham

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've wanted to try this for a long time but general when products are so hyped up I find myself really disappointed.

    Kay, ohkay-dohkay.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do love Pixi Glow, I use it every night and it's clear when I don't - I left it at home when I went away for a few days, and my skin was horrendous! Try the Superdrug B Glycolic Peel Cleanser, I find that amazingly good for the price! x

    NINEGRANDSTUDENT: A Student Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's a shame it hasn't worked for you but I guess even the most hyped products can't work for everybody. Maybe it's one of those products that you'll only notice has actually done something when you stop using it? I haven't actually tried this myself so I'm not sure x

    Becky @ The Little Blog of Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the honest review. I love Lush tea tree water too so I don't think I gna use this Pixi glow tonic one

    Kiss me Sunday

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really wanted to try this myself as I have scaring near my lip and on my cheek from a dog bite that happened on new years eve 2012! I love how your review was so honest and I may have to look elsewhere for such a product!

    Hannah | hannerking | a beauty and lifestyle blog

    ReplyDelete
  13. As a person with acne scarring myself, I know the feeling of when a product doesn't work even though you want it to more than anything in the world :/
    I kind of gave up on similar products and tried an old natural method. It helped lighten my scars and reduce redness (i'm not sure how) and I stopped incorporating it in my skin routine for 2 weeks now and my scars got dark again and I have redness around the scars, which just shows me it works. I'm talking about lemon juice! Cleanse your skin, put some lemon juice (from freshly squeezed lemons!) onto a cotton pad or 2 (depending on the surface area you want to cover) and press it in and leave it on for 10-15 mins. I like to press the pad onto my skin even more from time to time. Then when 10-15 mins passed, wipe the pad on the scarred skin and throw it. Rinse your skin with lukewarm water and moisturize. I hope it helps you :)

    ReplyDelete

UA-48181795-1