Thursday 3 July 2014

• GUEST POST // Beans Beauty Blog // MUA Matte Perfect Foundation Review •

MUA's Matte Perfect Foundation is actually rather good. And it's only £2 from Superdrug.

I went for the colour 'natural' and the shade was a fairly good match. Basic packaging, however not that much different to its high street counterparts such as Rimmel and Bourjois. It has a new cap, and I like the fact that you have to squeeze the tube to disperse the product and that it doesn't just run out and create a mess. The actual foundation is quite thick, or so it appears, however once you have blended it out it doesn't appear heavy on the skin. It is not the easiest to blend, but if you take a little time it will blend in to leave a seamless finish. I used my trusty Real Techniques Buffing Brush for this which seemed to work fairly well. It provides even, fairly natural coverage and feels hydrating. So far I'm impressed, but how long does it last? And will it stay matte all day?
So it's now 8 hours later and the foundation hasn't lasted. However I did only apply a thin layer, so I'm sure you could build this up. However it still isn't cakey and is not sitting in fine lines. It has literally just faded. My skin is still matte and it has certainly prevented my T-zone from becoming oily. Considering this is only £2, this has out-performed Benefit's Big Easy. If I had to choose between the 2, I would opt for this every time. For one of the cheapest foundations on the market, it's not that bad at all. Anyone else tried this from MUA?

If you would like to guest post on Daniela Scribbles, drop me an email - dannidiraimo@gmail.com
or tweet me @ddiraimo92
Make sure to check out Georgie's blog - Beans Beauty Blog - and tell her I said hi!
Daniela xo
Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments :

  1. What a bargain! That's really impressive for a £2 foundation!

    The Sunday Chapter
    Angela xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's crazy how cheap it is, isn't it! Daniela xo

      Delete

UA-48181795-1