Tuesday 1 April 2014

• March lusting // April wish list •

March lusting // April wish list
The beauty of Spring, and the realisation that it is now acceptable to go pink-overboard, has been the inspiration for this month's lusting. It's the time of year where I like to add slightly more colour to my beauty regime - whether that be more pink to my cheeks, more pigment to my lips or some neon to my nails. I've had a massive Spring clean in terms of clothes and beauty products, so I definitely feel like I need to add these products to my collection. If you wanted to check out what I was lusting over in February, here's a link to last month's lusting post.

1. Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Dollface
Currently $26 from Sephora US, click here to be directed to the site.
These infamous blushes were available for a short time in the UK from the QVC website, but are currently unavailable. I'm not surprised, I knew they'd sell like hot cakes, and luckily Sephora now ship worldwide (with a £10 flat rate shipping fee) so I would order from there. The shade Dollface is a gorgeous matte light pink and from what I can tell from swatches and reviews, it would look great with my olive-y toned but pale skin.

2. China Glaze Sunsational Cremes Nail Polish
Currently £28.99 from nailpolishdirect.co.uk, click here to be directed to the site.
Ohh God, look how gorgeous... I couldn't even tell you which colour I'm more attracted to, they all look absolutely amazing. Miss Budget Beauty describes them as nail polishes that look like they have a white base underneath, because they're so pigmented and bright on the nails. I'd just really recommend searching for swatches of them, I was seriously impressed at how neon and summery they look. What shocked me is that I'd usually turn my nose up at £28.99 for nail polishes, but I'm ordering these as soon as payday rolls around. I have to have them.

3. L'oreal Paris Colour Riche Collection Privee in Cheryl - Barely Greige
Currently £8.19 from Boots, click here to be directed to the site.
Ever since I purchased my first nude back in 2010, I've been obsessed with the natural look that nudes give. I often wear nudes to work as I don't think I'd get away with wearing a bright lip as a teacher, but the Cheryl nude is slightly pink, giving it a different tone to the other nudes I own. For £8.19 (and a whole lot of Boots points saved up) I'm purchasing this the next time I find myself in town - every time I walk past it, I have to swatch it. Sold! (PS. I'm also secretly hoping that when I wear this lipstick I'll turn into Cheryl...a girl can dream!)

4. Revlon Colour Stay
Currently £12.49 from Boots, click here to be directed to the site.
I tried out the Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation and adored it - it went on perfectly, was semi-matte so didn't need to be set with powder and it stayed put all day. I was just at the point of buying it when my friend told me that the Revlon Colour Stay is basically exactly the same product but for a fraction of the price. Now I don't mind spending that little bit more on bases but if I can get a dupe for £12.49, I'm there. I think I'll need the shade Buff, but I'll have to test it properly before I buy it.

5. Daniel Sandler Watercolour Blush in Cherub
Currently £15.50 from Daniel Sandler, click here to be directed to the site.
When I saw Estee's weekend routine video she used the Watercolour Blush and I just thought to myself, that is my kind of product down to a T. I'm a sucker for cream blushes as they just look so natural and sheen-y, so I went straight onto the Daniel Sandler website to find the perfect shade for me. The product is quite liquid-y and is best applied with a stippling brush and I'm planning on purchasing the Real Techniques Stippling Brush to go with it. On Estee, it gave her the perfect hint of pink without looking overdone, and by using a light hand I think I could sheer it out so it gives me a slightly flushed look, too.

6. NYX Butter Gloss
Currently £5 from Cocktail Cosmetics, click here to be directed to the site.
These have been on my wish list for what feels like for ever. I just always thought that NYX could only be purchased in the US, or wasn't easily accessible in the UK, so I was delighted to find them on a UK website a few weeks ago. I never used to be one for gloss but since purchasing (and using to death) the Clarins Instant Light Natural Lip Perfector, I'm really into the glossy look. I've heard that they're not sticky and smell amazing which are two of the most important things in my book. The shades I'm particularly interested in are Creme Brûlée, Apple Strudle and Maple Blondie - can't wait to snap these up and give them a go.

Writing this post has made me so excited for Spring/Summer. Everything is so beautiful around this time of year - the blooming flowers, clear skies, and most importantly, the fact that it's light when I leave my house in the morning! I'm really looking forward to trying out new products and I'm even more excited about adding more colour into my make up.

Do you have any products that you've been lusting over lately?

Daniela

6 comments :

  1. I love the NYX butter glosses! :) x

    pearlsandsparkle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, ah good I'm glad. I've heard so many amazing things about them! Can't wait to try them! Daniela x

      Delete
  2. I also really want the Cheryl's nude lipstick, it looks so pretty!

    Amelia Rose | Beauty Blogger

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, it looks lovely doesn't it. I think/hope it will really suit my skin tone :) Daniela x

      Delete
  3. Hi great post. Just to let you know the china glaze sunsational polishes in those 6 colours work out slightly cheaper buying them individually from the same site. Also you can buy NYX products from their UK site here www.nyxcosmetics.co.uk happy shopping!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, thank you for the heads up! It's funny that they're cheaper individually, isn't it? I wonder why they do that. And I'm definitely heading over to the nyx website now..everything looks so pretty! Daniela x

      Delete

UA-48181795-1