Thursday 24 April 2014

• An accidental 3 for 2 Boots haul •

I went on an accidental shopping trip last week... 

I can explain - I went to the LUSH bloggers event (a post will be up on this soon!) and wasn't planning on going shopping, but as I was walking past Boots, I saw that damn 3 for 2 sign. Well, they saw me coming. I walked in there like a woman on a mission, grabbed a shopping basket like I meant business, and trotted off to the cosmetics aisle. As a blogger, and generally as a make-up loving girly girl, I have a never-ending 'to-buy' list on my phone which usually consists of make up and skincare. I've had this for months and I just keep adding to it. I decided to buy some of the things that were on that list to make my trip worthwhile...the things we do to convince ourselves hey.
The LUSH Mask of Magnaminty has been a firm favourite of mine for about 3 years now. I keep repurchasing it; it clears my skin like no other and it deserves a review by itself, so I shall save myself for that. LUSH King of Skin has been a part of my life for about 5 years and is something I only really purchase if I feel like I deserve a bit of a treat; it's an amazing in-shower solid body butter that you swipe onto damp skin and then rinse off. It smells like bananas and is so so moisturising.
I've literally wanted to try the Real Techniques Buffing Brush for so long - I was just reluctant to buy the Core Collection for the one brush! But since Boots had their 3 for 2 offer on, I took it as a sign to just get on with it and purchase it. The Real Techniques Core Collection includes the Contour Brush, the Pointed Foundation Brush, the Detailer Brush and the Buffing Brush. The Revlon Parfumerie Scented Nail Enamel is a product that intrigues me, so I picked up the colour Orange Blossom. Low and behold, it actually smells like oranges when painted onto the nails. This just blows my mind - I've not yet painted my nails with it yet, but when I do, I bet I won't be able to stop sniffing them! Another colour that intrigues me, but for different reasons, is Essie's Mint Candy Apple. The colour is so interesting and I don't own anything like it. I've had it on my nails for 5 days so far and I've only just started experiencing chipping - amazing.
Cheating a little by putting these in, I know, but I purchased some new cotton pads. These ones are from Primark and I can't get a link for them unfortunately, but they were £1 for 160 pads which is pretty great. They're not scratchy and not too thin, which I was pleasantly surprised about. The Boots Botanics Hydrating Eye Cream was a new purchase for me as I'd read some great reviews about the Botanics range. I'm yet to try it, as I'm just waiting for my Vaseline pot to run out, but I'm excited to try it out. The one product that has stood out to me so far is the Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water. Where on Earth has this product been all my life? One swipe with this on a cotton pad and my make up has disappeared...it makes removing make up less of a chore and more of something to look forward to! This is on my list of things to review - it definitely deserves it's own post!
The lighting may seem a little off for this photo, but it's just because I had to edit it a little to allow the true colours to show through (yes, I am that pale!) I picked up the Revlon Colourstay Foundation in Buff, the L'oreal True Match Foundation in N1 Ivory and the Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Foundation in 52 Vanilla (full review here). I'm not going to write too much about these because so far I've only tried the Bourjois foundation, so I wan't to try the others out to compare them and write a full comparison review post.

I bought some clothes from Zara, H&M and Primark too, but I think I'll save those for another post (if I get round to it before caving in and wearing everything!) I wanted to keep this one beauty-focused so it's all a little easier to follow.

Have you bought anything from the Boots 3 for 2 sale? That offer gets me, every time. I just can't help myself.

Daniela
Follow on Bloglovin

22 comments :

  1. Yeah, boots 3 for 2 offer is evil. Evil I say!

    I got the Miss Manga mascara in violet, a Maybelline Colour Tattoo and a lipstick. So far, all of them are living up to the hype, so yay for that! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, it really is evil! It gets me every single time. Ooh I was wondering what people thought of the Miss Manga mascara, I think I might have to try it out. I love violet for brown eyes! Daniela xo

      Delete
  2. Really want to get Essies Mint Candy Apple x

    pearlsandsparkle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, it's so pretty! I've been wearing it non-stop! Daniela xo

      Delete
  3. I'm the same! I have already done one round with it and am probably going to end up going back again!!
    I picked up essie chinchilly which I really wanted to give a go- the essie polishes are so amazing!
    Sian xx
    madeinascot.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, Chinchilly looks like such a perfect colour for this time of year! I can also see myself going in at least once more...ahh, the 3for2 is evil I swear. Daniela xo

      Delete
  4. Im always having 'accidental' hauls! Especially when the boots 3for2 offer is on! I recently got the Real techniques core collection as well and they're amazing, I luckily got mine for only £12 which I was so happy about. I also use the Revlon Colourstay in Buff and love it, I use it for when I want a fuller coverage and it stays on so well I think. :)
    I recently posted my first beauty haul including the RT brushes, feel free to have a look, I love having a nosey at what people have brought! http://essaysandwine.blogspot.co.uk/2014/04/a-beauty-haul.html

    Emma x
    Writing Essays With Wine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, wow you got the core collection for £12? That's incredible! To be honest I've just been wanting the buffing brush for so long that I just thought, sod it, I'm sure I'll use the other brushes too - and I have been! You can't go wrong with a little Real Techniques. I'll definitely check out your haul, I'm also a little nosey and love reading haul posts! Daniela xo

      Delete
  5. If you have a Savers near you then Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water is only £2.99 in there - bargain!

    The Essie nail polish colour is gorgeous, a lot like Barry M "Meadow" :)

    http://thirtysomethingoap.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, ah unfortunately I don't have a Savers near me :( I think I need to stock up on the cleansing water whilst it's still on sale though! The polish is stunning isn't it? I haven't tried Meadow before, would be great if it's a dupe though - much more affordable! Daniela xo

      Delete
  6. Those three foundations have been at the top of my drugstore wish list for a while now! I bought the bourjous one and really liked it (but found it a tad too dark for me #paleprobs) - I might have to go pick the other two up today after seeing this post

    The Life & Times of Belle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, they were at the top of mine for ages too, so happy to finally have my hands on them! Definitely recommend them :) And I'm also very pale, drugstore foundations make it hard for pale people like us! Daniela xo

      Delete
  7. Hahaha I love the title of this post! Accidental Boots hauls are something I 'suffer' from too! Really interested to hear what you think of the Botanics eye cream.x
    strupag.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, haha thank you. It was accidental, I promise! I will be writing up a post of the eye cream soon :) Thanks for stopping by! Daniela xo

      Delete
  8. 3 for 2 is the bane of my life! It always gets me! Hope you do a post on the Botanics eye cream, as I really like their range, but I've not tried that out yet, and I'm looking for a new eye cream!
    Lovely post!
    www.unwrittenmeg.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, mine too! I will definitely be reviewing the eye cream :) I usually use Vaseline so it'll be interesting to see how this one fairs. Daniela xo

      Delete
  9. Got my eye on Essies mint candy apple!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, it's sooo pretty, and looks even better on the nails than in the bottle (if that's even possible!) Daniela xo

      Delete
  10. Oh I hate those '3 for 2' or buy '1 get 1 free' signs! I just can't resist.x I have never tried Lush products before, to be honest when I visit their stores I can't decide what to buy and I end up not buying anything! That face mask sounds interesting though, I might have to give it a try. Love the new Revlon nail polishes, the packaging is just amazing and those colours are perfect! Just added some products to my wishlist and I need to visit Boots as soon as possible! Have a lovely weekend.x
    xxxx
    Stephanie
    vidathings.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, they're just naughty aren't they? They get me every flipping time!
      I really recommend LUSH - just read some reviews, make a small shopping list and go in there like a lady with a mission, otherwise you'll end up buying everything! (Or maybe thats just me...?) I hope you picked up some of these lovely products - I'm impressed with all of them! Daniela xo

      Delete
  11. Step away from the cosmetics isle lol! Love a goot Boots 3 for 2!! I am dying to get my hands on Mint Candy Apple. It's a bloggers favourite! :)

    Great posts and love what you bought!

    Kate | raspberrycheeks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, ahh I know! The devil is always on my shoulder when I see that 3 for 2 sign! Mint Candy Apple is so stunning, I always receive compliments when I wear it :) And thank you lovely, glad you liked the post! Daniela xo

      Delete

UA-48181795-1