Sunday 9 February 2014

• Stila Smudge Stick Waterproof Eyeliner // review •

I was really chuffed to purchase the Stila Seeing Stars Smudge Stick Waterproof Eyeliner set for £6.25 considering the Stila Smudge Stick Waterproof Eyeliners alone are £14 (click here to be directed to the Boots site) and was really excited to review them since the first application a few weeks ago. I thought I'd try them all before writing up a post about them because I wanted to see if they all had the same formula, finish, pigmentation and staying-power - in short, they do.
Packaging
I love the sleek and tiny packaging but most of all I love the fact that the eyeliners are wind-up. There's no need for a sharpener which is perfect for me because I never seem to have one on hand. Another plus is that the eyeliner comes to a point so you can get a really thin line!

Colour
The set contains five shades:
stargazer - a black/charcoal with a silver shimmer
angelfish - a champagne colour with a metallic-like sheen
tetra - a purple with silver shimmer
moray - a khaki with fine gold shimmer
oscar fish - a dark brown with fine gold shimmer

Finish
When you first apply the eyeliners, they are creamy and soft to use. They blend beautifully and are very easy to work with - you do have to work fast, though, as they set pretty quickly to a budge-proof, smudge-proof finish. Although the eyeliners have shimmer in them, this doesn't translate strongly to the lids which is great.

Longevity
They literally do not come off, which is absolutely amazing for someone with watery eyes (and for someone who constantly rubs her eyes...) so I can definitely vouch for the waterproof-ness of the product. Although they set really well, it doesn't take long to remove the product with make up remover which is always a bonus.

Opinion
I think these liners are really gorgeous. Before trying this product, I would have avoided the Stila aisle in Boots as I thought that the products were pricey and that I would never spend £14 on one eyeliner, however after trying these out I'm now really interested in the rest of the brand. When the dreaded day of running out of eyeliner arrives, I will quite merrily skip on down to Boots and take my purse out of my bag because for £14 you really are getting a good quality product. I'm in love with these eyeliners and they're definitely smudge and waterproof. Products that do what they say on the tin really do tick all of my boxes.

Have you tried anything from the Stila range?

Daniela

17 comments :

  1. I'm always on the hunt for a good eyeliner but like you, I wouldn't spend £14 on one eyeliner. I'm actually kind of reconsidering that now as I never knew Stila eyeliners were so good. The majority of eyeliners smudge like there's no tomorrow on me and I end up looking like a raccoon so hopefully Stargazer stays put! Now to just purchase it and attempt to justify the price to myself...

    Raise The Waves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, ah I know. £14 does seem a bit steep but these really are great. Definitely give them a go though, treat yourself, they are amazing and really don't budge. My eyes are super watery in the morning but these stay put which is a big plus point for me! Daniela x

      Delete
  2. Thank you for sharing your review of these, they sound incredible and I love the shades as well! xx

    http://ferdies-place.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, you're very welcome :) they are great, I'm really happy with the shade selection that was in the kit! Daniela x

      Delete
  3. Fantastic review. You have a lovely blog.
    Would you care to follow each other? GFC/Bloglovin/G+
    Do leave a comment when you follow and i'll follow you right back.
    http://icynosure.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, thank you, I'm glad you liked it :) I have checked out your blog and love it! Have followed you on bloglovin! Daniela x

      Delete
    2. Thanks for visiting my blog and following me. Am following you back. See you around.
      http://icynosure.blogspot.in/

      Delete
  4. Bargain! Tell me where! :P These Stila Eyeliners look fantastic, the colours really float my boat. Tetra is my fave. :)

    Seeing Stars Smudge Stick Waterproof Eyeliner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, ah they are aren't they! I just got them from the Stila site a few months ago! Tetra is also my fave, I love purple :) Daniela x

      Delete
  5. Hi, I love you blog and I have nominated you for Liebster Award !
    Here is the link : http://curlyscribbles.blogspot.in/2014/02/first-and-foremost-thank-you-hello.html

    Check my blog out and follow if you like it maybe?
    Thank You
    Lovely blog
    xoxo
    http://curlyscribbles.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, thank you so much :) I will be writing that post up very soon! Daniela x

      Delete
  6. I'll need to give these a whirl!
    Make sure to check out my blog!

    MAJOTRON.BLOGSPOT.CO.UK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, definitely do, they're fantastic eyeliners. Love your blog! :) Daniela x

      Delete
  7. I love the liquid Stila liner, so I'll have to give these a go! You have some great shades and what a bargain x

    lamourjosie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, I've heard lots about the liquid Stila liner so that's on my wishlist. I'm really up for giving other Stila products a go now I've found these beauties! Daniela x

      Delete
  8. Great post and really nice review. I really like your blog and can't wait to read more!! I'm not following you on GFC and bloglovin. If you have time could you also check my blog out? I will be greatly appreciated :) xx

    kissmesunday.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, ahh thank's lovely :) checking out your blog now, love it! Definitely subscribed :) Daniela xo

      Delete

UA-48181795-1