Sunday 4 September 2016

• Cocktails & Tacos •


The end of the summer holidays means, at least for me, cramming in as many date nights, days out and Netflix as I can handle. 

So, naturally, I tend to turn to Cambridge for a good meal out. Cue, The Snug; a beautifully decorated, cosy, cocktail bar/restaurant where we drank and ate the night away one Thursday evening.


To start, I had the Black Bean Tacos whilst Josh had the Mozzarella Chunks - both amazing, but I would totally have the Tacos again. I've honestly been banging on about these Tacos for a week and I've even gone to the effort of finding a similar recipe and buying the ingredients ready to make one night next week - and anyone that knows me knows that, although I'm a massive foodie, my dinners normally consist of tapas (a bit of this, a bit of that) so to go to the effort of making a meal I've had whilst out for dinner... that's somewhat unheard of. I'd even have this starter as a main, and I might if ask if they can do that for me next time.

I then had the Roast Veg and Halloumi burger which was divine. Packed full of fillings, it was so satisfying and, for someone who loves halloumi, I was impressed with how much there was. The slaw and chips were good too (I swapped normal chips for sweet potato fries - I'd definitely recommend doing this, they were delicious). Josh had bourbon-battered fish and handcut chips which were also amazing - which I can vouch for, since there's rarely a meal where I don't steal some of his food... #sorrynotsorry.


We were full to the brim after this so we didn't grab any dessert, although they looked gorgeous (I would've gone for the Oreo Sundae - I saw someone else have it and it looked like biscuit heaven). We did, however, have room for some drinks and the cocktails looked just too good to miss. I love the artwork and the way they were presented on the menu, alongside the variety available - anything from an ice cream cocktail to a Vesper martini!




From the extensive range of colourful cocktails (I don't even drink, but I was loving life with a Singapore Sling), delicious food and homely feel, I will definitely be recommending (and re-visiting) The Snug again.

Have you ever visited The Snug before?
Are there any other restaurants in Cambridge you'd recommend?
Daniela xo
Follow on Bloglovin
*I was invited to this restaurant for a review but I will always be 100% honest on my blog... after all, food's kind of a big deal and I'd only want you to have the best of it!

30 comments :

  1. You have great blog. I follow you :)
    Would you like to follow my blog?
    www.guzelvekulturlu.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get yourself the best device best fitness band under 2000 in india to achieve your fitness goal. Get the best device in India. Here you can get the best fitness tracker in India. Buy the best fitness tracker in India with us in 2000. best fitness band in india under 2000

    ReplyDelete
  3. Apply for writers jobs, bloggers jobs, influencers jobs, freelance photographer jobs, cinematography jobs and for other artists jobs in India. modeling jobs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't settle on basic. Get yourself best gifts from the best gift store online. Buy thoughtful gift for your parents & grandparents. gifts for sister

    ReplyDelete
  5. At one place get all the latest trending and top news of what is going across India.Know what's happening across India at your fingertip in hindi. Know all the viral news across India. trending web series

    ReplyDelete
  6. Get the best good morning quotes, inspirational, motivational quotes along with life, sad,
    friendship quotes & status. Stories, suvichar & thoughts in hindi, shayari in hindi. status in hindi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Select the best best solo under 5000, 10000, 15000, grill, convection in India. best microwave convection oven

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's times to take care of your health. Best place where you can buy the best fitness tracker in
    India under 1500,2000,3000 etc. best fitness band under 5000

    ReplyDelete

UA-48181795-1